– Monitoring of European Commission’s press releases on funding opportunities for SMEs, universities, research centres, business organisations and international clusters
– Writing project proposals and tenders + managing internal reports and documentation;
– Representation of the company in business events;
– Advising and reporting to the Board of Directors all daily tasks (incl. management of company’s agenda and social media);
– Updating the company’s business partners and clients on current and upcoming EU funding opportunities and programmes (Horizon 2020, SME Instrument, COSME, EUREKA, Erasmus+, EU Procurement, etc.);
– Event management: coordinating catering services and logistics for internal/external events, workshops and training courses;
– Assisting the CEO in the preparation of EU funding briefings and training material for clients;
– Undertaking accountancy and other business management related assignments.
The vacancy intends to provide a sound practical knowledge of EU funding and lobbying as the main engine of the Brussels EU market. This is a great opportunity for the candidate to embrace intrapreneurship in a fast growing company as a mandatory working methodology and learn from the experience of three entrepreneurs who run the company.
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
Professional Immersion Contract (“Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle“)
AVAILABILITY TO START:
Immediate availability to one month after the candidate applies for this vacancy
Interviews are always held at Octopux HQ in Brussels. Remote interviews (e.g. Skype) are not accepted.
Candidates who are not citizens from EU Member States must hold a valid work permit.
Please do not apply if you do not possess any experience in Horizon 2020 and the SME Instrument!
The Octopux team seeks a smart, detail-oriented, highly-organized and self-motivated ICT Expert with very good knowledge of WordPress, CSS, PhP, SEO, SEM, and SEA. Good knowledge of social media(Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) is an asset.
This is a great opportunity for the candidate to embrace intrapreneurship in a start-up company as a practically mandatory working methodology, and receive coaching from two entrepreneurs coming from different levels of experience and backgrounds who run the business.
Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
Outstanding networking skills (no fear in approaching and starting a conversation w/ ‘strangers’)
Excellent e-mail etiquette and business-driven mindset
“Can do” attitude and preparedness to embrace daily tough challenges
Very good knowledge of WordPress, CSS, PhP, SEO, SEM, and SEA.
Good knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
Perfect written and spoken English (native or almost native level)
A good knowledge of Portuguese, Dutch, French or Spanish would be an asset
The candidate is expected create his/her own tasks daily, showing creativity and pro-activeness.
We support the candidate ensuring that his/her experience is a real learning experience. Prior to be established in Belgium and join our team, we would like to establish a connection with the candidate to assure a good professional relationship during the traineeship period. Daily professional coaching will be provided to the trainee.
From 6-month to 1-year contract (with the possibility of extension based on an excellent performance)
1.000€ net per month
Possible team-building events during our occasional “days-off”
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Professional Immersion Contract
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter (in English only) addressed to the company’s CEO to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org